Mellanox SX6000 series of non-blocking fixed and modular switches are the leading performance interconnect solutions for mission-critical applications
At Interop Las Vegas, Mellanox Technologies has expanded its line of end-to-end FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand interconnect solutions with new 18-port
, and 324-port
non-blocking fixed and modular switches. The new switches are part of the Mellanox SX6000 FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand switch family which also includes the SX6025
36-port fixed switches and the SX6536
648-port modular switch; all with seamless fabric management capabilities to ensure the highest fabric performance. Mellanox FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand adapters and switches are the most efficient interconnect solutions for connecting data center servers and storage, delivering high throughput, low latency and world leading applications performance.
The SX6000 line of FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand switches support a superior scalable platform that scales as the number of nodes per cluster and the number of cores per node increases. These switches, built with Mellanox’s 5th generation SwitchX InfiniBand switch device, are an ideal choice for building small to medium size clusters or for use as a core switch for large clusters.
SX6018, SX6506, SX6512 and SX6518 Key Features
- SX6018: 18 FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand QSFP ports in a 1U switch. 2.0Tb/s aggregate switching capacity
- SX6506: 108 FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand QSFP ports in a 6U switch. 12.1Tb/s aggregate switching capacity
- SX6512: 216 FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand QSFP ports in a 9U switch. 24.2Tb/s aggregate switching capacity
- SX6518: 324 FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand QSFP ports in a 16U switch. 36.36Tb/s aggregate switching capacity
- 170ns to 510ns switching latency
- Congestion control
- Quality of Service enforcement
- Support for Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- N+N power supply option order
“As servers are deployed with next generation processors and PCIe 3.0, data center managers have an increased need for bandwidth, performance and density in their interconnect solutions,” said David Barzilai, vice president of marketing at Mellanox Technologies. “These new switches were developed as high-speed smart solutions to meet customer demand, while providing unmatched scalability across storage, application and database servers.”
The SX6518 is immediately available through Mellanox’s server and switch OEMs and authorized distributors/resellers. The SX6512 will be available in June 2012. The SX6018 and SX6506 will be available in the third quarter of 2012.
Join us for a live webinar on Mellanox’s comprehensive line of FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand switches:
- When: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 8:00 am Pacific Time /11:00 am Eastern Time
- Register Today
Mellanox SX6018: 18-port FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand switch with 2.0Tb/s aggregate switching capacity.